Thinking of updating your current home? One of the easiest ways to do that is to get new appliances that will change the way you do chores for the better, make your home more comfortable, and generally make maintaining the household easier. Some of these appliances even work to subtly update the look of a room without having to do renovations.
Here’s a short shopping list of nifty new appliances you may want to add to your home, whether you’re just doing minor upgrades or moving into a new one.
1. A Reliable Vacuum. Cleaning one’s home is probably one of the toughest but most essential chores to keep your home comfortable and liveable, and a vacuum can help make that easier to do—especially if you have pets. Invest in a high-powered vacuum that effectively sucks dirt and lint without ruining the surfaces of your furniture, carpets, and floors. This will definitely reduce your cleaning time and effort.
2. A Good Steam Iron. You can save a lot of money while looking like a million bucks each day you step out the door if you only iron your clothes. Needless to say, owning a good iron at home is a must. Pick one that will work on any ironable garment, from silk and linen to cotton and cashmere, and will reduce the time you need to do most people’s arguably least favorite chore. You wouldn’t want to ruin your clothes with a bad iron that has limited settings. Try Philips Perfect Care Azur, which has OptimalTEMP Technology feature, which perfectly combines steam and temperature to help you with speedy ironing of your favorite clothes.
3. A Garment Steamer. Do you know how those models, celebrities, and fashion icons always look put together, wherever they go? It all boils down to wrinkle-free stylish outfits, thanks to having a steamer handy. If you hate ironing clothes, you’ll find that steaming is a lot easier and faster to do, especially on clothes with more delicate fabrics and styles. Try Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer, which has a steam plate that is larger by 25% in order to cover more fabric area in one stroke. Compared to previous models, this garment steamer will let you be more efficient when steaming your clothes.
4. Matte-Black Appliances. According to Architectural Digest (https://www.architecturaldigest.com/gallery/what-to-buy-for-your-home-in-2017-trends-decor),the matte-black trend for appliances adds “a timeless touch of unexpected style to the kitchen.” LG’s Black Stainless line of appliances—from its dishwasher to its oven and refrigerator—brought the stylish, dramatic look to the kitchen.
5. Wine Solutions. Do you and your home companions love wine? Then you likely stock wine at home. Don’t let them go to waste by storing them properly, especially when you aren’t able to finish an uncorked bottle. There are several smart wine solutions in the market now, from Plum’s all-encompassing fridge/dispenser/preserver to the easy-to-use Coravin.
6. An Electric Pressure Cooker. If you want to update the things you cook in the kitchen, maybe it’s time to invest in an electric pressure cooker, in which you can saute or sear with high & low temperature conveniently, making your life much easier. Philips has one with easy to control cooking progress that allows you to cook all kinds of food with different settings. It even has an easy-to-clean detachable inner lid design that lets you pressure cook with various direct menu buttons: Soup, Risotto, Rice, Steam, Meat/Poultry, and Manual.
7. A Powerful Blender. If you want to implement a healthier lifestyle in your home, one way to easily do that is by blending and shaking fresh fruits and vegetables for beverages, instead of buying juices in cartons and bottles from the grocery. Invest in a blender with a powerful motor that lets you handle just about anything: from fruits and vegetables to ice. Try the Philips Avance Collection Blender with a multi-speed function that can help you blend, crush, and cut for a perfectly smooth mix or any consistency you want.
8. Your Own Noodle Maker. And speaking of a healthier lifestyle, if you’re counting calories, you might want to get your own noodle maker that will allow you to create your own authentic and healthy noodles using all kinds of fresh ingredients—think vegetables and eggs for a healthier pasta.